Summer may seem forever away, but it will be here before you know it. And with summer fun comes the heat waves it brings. While AC Repair Las Vegas has your home cooling covered, you don’t want to spend every minute of summer indoors. So here are four of our favorite fun chilly drinks to sip on while you’re jumping in the pool, hosting a BBQ with friends, or soaking in some vitamin C.
Cranberry and Raspberry Sprite
Sprite (or any other lemon lime soda) has always been an easy go to for a cool drink. But adding cranberry juice and some raspberry sorbet brings this to the next level with a fizzy tang.
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 3 cups seltzer
- 1 cup sprite
- 1 pint raspberry sorbet
- Combine sugar and a ½ cup of water in a saucepan and place on high heat.
- Bring to a boil and let it cook for about two minutes or until it thickens.
- Add lime juice and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine this new lime syrup you’ve just made with the cranberry juice, sprite, and seltzer in a large pitcher and stir.
- Place a scoop of raspberry sorbet in a glass and fill with cranberry sprite drink. Enjoy!
Pineapple Ginger Ale
If you’re looking for something quick and refreshing, this tropical drink is right for you. It takes no more than five minutes before you can enjoy it on your patio with a tiny paper umbrella.
- 12 ounces of ginger ale
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- Slices of pineapple (optional)
- Ready for how difficult this is? Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and serve!
- If you want to turn this into a cocktail, add ½ cup of light rum.
When life gives you lemons, you of course make lemonade. But the classic lemonade just isn’t going to cut it this summer, time to add a new twist for some new flavor.
- 1 ½ cups lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup fresh, torn mint leaves
- 24 ounces club soda
- Sliced lemons
- Combine sugar, 1 cup of water, and lemon juice in a large pitcher and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including ice, and stir. Serve and enjoy.
Cucumber Sake Cocktail
Summer may be a season kids in school have claimed for themselves, but it doesn’t mean the adults can’t have their own summer fun. If you agree, try out this adults only beverage!
- 3 ounces gin
- ½ ounce sake
- Slices cucumber
- Mix gin and sake together in a shaker along with ice.
- Place a cucumber in a martini glass and strain your drink into the glass.
Is your mouth watering yet? All of these easy, delicious recipes can be mixed up quick and without breaking the bank. It’s time to go out in the sun without worrying about being parched. And, afterward, once you’ve achieved that perfect tan (or sunburn), come inside to your cool AC system. AC Repair Las Vegas will handle installation, maintenance, and repairs, so you don’t have to sweat a moment longer.
Did you find this article interesting? Planning on trying out one of these recipes? Then consider passing them along to your friends by sharing on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social network. And if you have any other fun fruity, tangy, or thirst quenching drinks you like, comment below to tell us about them!